||Oberlin athletics reached new heights over the past four years. Both varsity and club teams shattered records and won championships as members of the graduating class set the tone for athletic excellence at Oberlin. The accomplishments of Oberlin’s athletic programs can be linked with the drive and leadership from members of the Class of 2020.While some were unable to complete their final athletic season, the achievements of athletic teams with members of the Class of 2020 for the past three years were remarkable and in some cases unprecedented. While their seasons may not have gone as expected or been cut short, the Class of 2020’s impacts on Oberlin athletics will remain for years to come. Listed below are only some of the wonderful accomplishments that members of the Class 2020 contributed to over their years on campus:
- Women’s basketball won the NCAC championship during the 2018–2019 season.
- Women’s cross country won two conference championships and made two national appearances (2017–2018 & 2018–2019).
- Women’s track and field won their first outright conference NCAC Track and Field championship in school history during the 2016–2017 season, and followed up their first championship with five more over the course of three seasons (2016–2017, 2017–2018, & 2018–2019).
- Men’s soccer appeared in the conference championship during the 2016–2017 season & made a semifinals conference appearance during the 2019–2020 season.
- The Preying Manti Ultimate frisbee team won the national championship during their 2018–2019 season.
- Men’s basketball reached a semifinals appearance and first NCAC tournament win since 1992 during the 2019–2020 season. Members of this team graduate this year having broken all-time team records.
- Women’s lacrosse appeared in the NCAC championship during the 2016–2017 season, followed by two back-to-back semifinal NCAC appearances (2017–2018 & 2018–2019).
- Baseball competed in the NCAC semifinals with an all-time best Oberlin record of 23–20 during the 2017–2018 season.
- And so much more!